Research in mathematics education
Research goals and methods: Which conclusions do we want to gain? Which methods do we use?
- detailed analysis of (course) decisions in educationand and the transitions in school and from school to higher education
- description of teaching-learning-processes and development progresses
- identification of predictors for a successful teaching-learning-process
- quantitative methods, e. g. tests and questionaires
- qualitative methods, e. g. intervies, analysis of documents, oberservances